General rules for the Prize and the conditions for participation
1. Literary Prize "NOS" is an annual award. The announcement of the beginning of the activity of the Prize and the terms of nomination for the Prize are published annually in the media, as well as on the website of the Mikhail Prokhorov Foundation (www.prokhorovfund.ru, www.prokhorovfund.ru/projects/litprize_nos).
2. A prose text written and published in Russian in book and / or magazine / newspaper formats, as well as in electronic media, is accepted for the Prize.
3. The right to nominate for the Prize is held by book publishers, mass media, creative unions and associations, and literary agencies.
4. There are no territorial restrictions for nominees and nominated authors.
5. Only the first editions of texts published since June 1, 2016 to July 31, 2017can be nominated for the Prize.
6. The texts of various artistic genres are accepted for consideration in a wide range from traditional novels to radically experimental prose, including:
- whole, finished works;
- collections of short stories, essays, novellas and novels, all kinds of assemblies fragmentary, including "overcrossing" prose;
- dilology, trilogy, etc. provided the unity of the author's intention;
- inter-genre works at the junction of fiction and non-fiction, etc.
7. If the collection of stories, essays, novels and other fragmentary prose is composed of both previously published texts and not published, the proportion of unpublished texts should be at least 50% of the collection.
8. For the date of publication of the dialogy, trilogy, etc. the release date of the final volume is adopted.
9. Each nominator has the right to nominate no more than 3 works.
10. The minimum volume of the text should be at least 3 a.l. (1 al. = 40 000 symbols with spaces). The maximum volume is not limited.
11. When nominating works for the Prize, it is necessary to provide:
a) the original of the completed application containing the necessary information about the nominator and the nominated work certified by the signature of the responsible person and the seal of the nominator (download the Application form for the literary award "FNL").
b) 1 (one) copy of the work in book and / or journal / newspaper formats + electronic version (in Word or PDF format), identical to the book, magazine or newspaper version.
c) electronic version (in Word or PDF format), if the text is published only on the Web + paper printout (one copy).
12. All works nominated for the Prize are registered by the Organizing Committee of the Prize and receive registration numbers.
13. Deadlines for the submission of works for the Prize (see section: Calendar 2017)
14. The work can not be nominated for the Prize repeatedly.
15. The copies of the works are not returned.
16. Unpublished manuscripts are not considered.
17. Completed original applications for the Prize + paper versions of the works are sent to the Organizing Committee of the "NOS" Prize at: Literary Prize "NOS" (Mikhail Prokhorov Foundation) 123104, Moscow, Tverskoy Boulevard, 13.
18. Electronic versions of works can be sent to CD / DVD along with the application and paper version of the work, or sent to the following e-mail address:
19. The Literary Prize "NOS" also holds a vote for the "Reader's Choice Award." In addition to choosing the jury, readers can choose the most liked work by voting on the website of the prize. Voting is conducted among the participants included in the long-list.
The voting period 01.10.2016-20.01.2017
20. The Literary Prize "NOS" also attracts professional critics to determine the winner in the category "Critical Community Prize". Voting is carried out according to the works of nominees. Each critic chooses his favorites, as a result of the recruited votes an alternative short-list is formed and the winner in this nomination is selected.